Description: Dipropylene Glycol – DPG
CAS number: 25265-71-8
EC number: 246-770-3
This product is not classified as hazardous:
Physical hazards Not Classified
Health hazards Not Classified
Environmental hazards Not Classified
2.2. Label elements
EC number 246-770-3
Hazard statements NC Not Classified
|Flash point||118 – 130°C|
USES FOR DPG
- Making Reed Diffuser oils (see below for details)
- Very good fragrance diluent and quencher.
- Pot pourri, perfumes, room sprays, body sprays, oil burners
- Ultrasonic reed diffuser oils
Hydraulic brake fluid formulations
- Cutting oils
- Textile lubricants
- Printing inks
- Industrial soaps
- Solvent for agrichemicals eg. insecticides.
Dipropylene glycol with low odour is a high quality grade and with it’s low toxicity and solvent properties makes it an ideal additive for perfumes and skin and hair care products. It is also an ingredient in commercial fogging fluids which are used in entertainment industry smoke and haze machines.